8 Uses for Witch Hazel
01/21/2011 1:31 PM
Witch hazel is a fairly cheap product, but it's not typically a product that gets a lot of repeated use. If you have some witch hazel lying around collecting dust, take a look at some ideas for using it up from Frugal Village:
- Relieve Eye Puffiness: apply some witch hazel to a cotton ball or damp washcloth and use as a compress under eyes to reduce bagginess.
- Deodorant: you can either just dab witch hazel under your arms with a cotton ball or try this recipe:
Mix together -
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin
- Drops of essential oil
Spray mixture onto a cloth and wipe on.
- Minor Cuts and Bruises: apply to skin to take advantage of its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Cleaning: use it to clean chrome, glass, mirrors or jewelry. On a cotton ball, witch hazel also works to remove hair dye stains on skin.
For more ideas, head over to Frugal Village's Uses for witch hazel.