8 Uses for Witch Hazel
01/21/2011 1:31 PM
Witch hazel is a fairly cheap product, but it's not typically a product that gets a lot of repeated use. If you have some witch hazel lying around collecting dust, take a look at some ideas for using it up from Frugal Village:
- Relieve Eye Puffiness: apply some witch hazel to a cotton ball or damp washcloth and use as a compress under eyes to reduce bagginess.
- Deodorant: you can either just dab witch hazel under your arms with a cotton ball or try this recipe:
Mix together -
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin
- Drops of essential oil
Spray mixture onto a cloth and wipe on.
- Minor Cuts and Bruises: apply to skin to take advantage of its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- Cleaning: use it to clean chrome, glass, mirrors or jewelry. On a cotton ball, witch hazel also works to remove hair dye stains on skin.
For more ideas, head over to Frugal Village's Uses for witch hazel.
Most Popular Tips
Money Saving Searches