100 Ways to Repurpose Old Sweaters
08/02/2011 10:13 AM
So now that we've pretty much figured out what to do with those old t-shirts, what about other clothing in your closet that's doomed to end up in a recycling bin? Always Chrysti was particularly interested in ways that you could put old sweaters to use and therefore created a serious roundup on the topic. Take a look at the plethora of practical ways that you can repurpose the old sweaters in your closet:
- Throws or Pillows: use old wool sweaters to felt and piece into throws and pillows. Just try out this easy tutorial from Better Homes and Gardens.
- Picnic Blanket:
- Chair Cover: update an old chair (maybe from a secondhand shop) with the help of an old sweater, a seam ripper, some scissors and a staple gun.
- Beverage Sleeves and Coasters: make your own "java jacket" and matching coasters from an old sweater, wool felt and Velcro.
- Coin Purse: with a purse frame (that you can order online) and some beads and embellishment, you can make your own coin purse and recycle an old sweater at the same time.
- Sweater Boots: create these fashionable boots out of an old sweater and an existing pair of flats.
- Pet Bed: make a cute little bed for your furry friend out of an assortment of old sweaters.
Be sure not to miss dozens more ideas for your old sweaters over at Always Chrysti's 100+ Ways to Reuse Your Old Sweaters!.
Special thanks to Tip Hero Rinchen for bringing this to our attention!