10 Uncommon Uses for Mayonnaise
11/11/2011 12:38 PM
Mayo can do more than just dress up your sandwich. Take a look at some uncommon yet helpful ways that you can use mayonnaise around the home:
- Kill Head Lice: try this safe and effective way to get rid of lice should the problem arise. Massage some mayonnaise into your hair and cover with a shower cap before bed. In the morning, wash out the mayo and use a fine comb to comb out dead eggs. You can repeat this 7-10 days later if need be.
- Fix Cracks in Wood Furniture: to reduce the appearance of cracks in your wood furniture, fill cracks with mayo, smooth over the top and remove any extra. Leave this in the crack for a few days. It will release oils and proteins that make the wood swell up, and in turn the crack will actually shrink!
- Strengthen Your Fingernails: to stop nails from constantly chipping or breaking, occasionally apply some mayo to each finger for 5 minutes or so and wash off with warm water. This can also help to reduce the number of hangnails you get.
- Remove Crayon Marks: if your kids tend to destroy your wooden floors with their art projects, just rub some mayo on the crayon marks and let it soak. You should be able to wipe away the marks easily with a damp cloth after a few minutes.
- Remove Sticky Adhesives: use mayonnaise to remove sticky price tags off of mirrors, glass, etc. Just rub on the mayo and remove sticker with a cloth.
Find 5 other helpful uses over at Wise Bread's 10 Unexpected Home Uses for Mayonnaise.