25 Cheap and Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
03/08/2012 3:30 PM
The crock pot can be a money-saving lifesaver for busy people. Just toss ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning and you're set for a delicious dinner at night! You're also, of course, not limited to creating dinners - you can easily prepare breakfast in bulk, hearty side dishes and even desserts. Here are just some more ideas for you to play with courtesy of Wise Bread:
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken: the crock pot offers a wonderful way to create tender and flavorful buffalo chicken for sandwiches for lunch or dinner.
- Italian Chicken: this two-ingredient recipe could't be easier to make. Just pair this main dish with some veggies if you want to make a full one-pot meal.
- Potato Soup: use cream or milk to make this delicious comfort food dish that's perfect for the crock pot.
- Indian Spiced Chickpea Quinoa Stew: this is a great gluten-free option for dinner. Chop up the veggies the night before and toss in the crock pot in the morning for a delicious stew dinner.
- Wild Rice with Cranberries: here's a hearty side dish that makes good use of cranberries and almonds or pecans.
- Strawberry Scoop Cake: cake in the crock pot - who knew? Use strawberry pie filling, strawberry cake mix and melted butter to make this scoop cake in your slow cooker.
- Apple Cinnamon Congee: this recipe creates a nice gluten-free porridge, using short grain rice, for breakfast.
Find many more easy slow cooker recipes over at Wise Bread's 25 Great, Cheap, and Easy Crock Pot Recipes.
Most Popular Tips
Money Saving Searches