25 Cheap and Yummy Lentil Recipes
04/12/2012 1:24 PM
Lentils are one of the cheapest and most versatile weight loss foods that you can stock in your pantry. Looking for some ways to make use of them in your cooking? Check out some great ideas from Wise Bread:
- Tacos: use lentils as an addition to ingredients used for your taco nights. You can try using some in a vegan taco recipe. And you can basically use them in any tortilla meal you create.
- French Lentil Crock Pot Stew: try this great lentil and sweet potato stew as a comforting meal to serve with crusty bread.
- Summer Salad: use cooked or canned lentils in a great summer salad to add some more protein and fiber to your meal without adding carbs.
- Hummus: try out this red lentil hummus that doesn't require many ingredients and is quick to whip up.
- Lentil Chili: this vegan chili can be made in the crock pot and last for many meals throughout the week.
- Lentil Potato Salad: a warm lentil potato salad might just be a perfect side dish for your backyard barbecue.
Find nearly 20 more ways to use lentils over at Wise Bread's 25 Tasty and Cheap Lentil Recipes.
Most Popular Tips
Money Saving Searches