Easy Cleaning Solution for Stained Tupperware
07/16/2012 2:52 PM
Saving leftovers in tupperware is the frugal way to be, but things like spaghetti sauce can wreak havoc on tupperware and turn it into one messy piece of plastic. My American Confessions has a strategy for cleaning out your tupperware that they swear by.
Here's what to do:
- Fill your tupperware to the top with warm water and a squirt of dish soap.
- Add in 1/4 cup of bleach.
- Put the container with the solution in the microwave for 40 seconds, or until the solution boils.
- Let it rest until the water it luke-warm.
- Wash your container out very thoroughly.
After using this method, your tupperware should look just like new.
Thanks to My American Confessions for the tip!